Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Inside Out vs. Outside In

The day was spent in the garden beds and in the yard...clearing away dead leaves and other debris to reveal the new growth of plants about to shoot for the sky.  Everything changes visibly day by day and growth is happening now at great speed with all the sunshine and warm temperatures.  It was a break from the studio and a reminder to trust my own creative practice, which for me, happens from the inside out.  Many people, and often I wish I was one of them, are able to work from source material outside of themselves.  But, the only way things seem to work for me in the studio is to work intuitively, from the inside out.  The experience of my day, with my hands in the earth, will filter through my being and will come out in unexpected ways in the work.  I'm ready to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!