Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Novelty and Repetition














I think, as human beings, we are often torn between our desire for novelty and our need for repetition.  The cycle of the seasons is an endless repetition, on which we depend and which grounds our lives and our activities--even if not to the extent of our ancestors.  I know that I delighted by the turn of the seasons, as by the time each one rolls around, much like clockwork, I have grown weary of the old and am ready for something new!

Still delighting in the unfolding green in the landscape...the view across the Missouri River to Nebraska is greener and richer every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!