Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Monday, June 28, 2010

Back To The Drawing Board




















Today a couple of pretty wonderful things happened!  I'm part of this month's online exhibition on Papernstitch, which opened today and runs through most of July.  This opportunity gives MissouriBendStudio a new audience and a wider exposure.  There are lots of wonderful artists represented in that monthly exhibition and I'm looking forward to exploring many of them! The next great thing was that I was featured in a delightful blog, Gloria Freshly Art and Design.  Gloria is a wonderful artist, very insightful and sensitive and she wrote a really nice feature on my work. Quite an honor for me!

I spent some time in the studio and have gone back to the drawing board, to use a well-worn phrase.  I felt a bit adrift and decided to go back to my core, to find my inner landscape of mark-making again so that I could get back on solid footing.  Very spontaneous, intuitive, whimsical, layered meditation drawings...it's what I always come back to for reassurance.   Tomorrow, I'll tell you about the history of those drawings and why they are always such delight and revelation.

The image above is a very cropped photo of a couple of the objects on the shelf above my desk...the kinds of things we look at every day, but don't quite see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!