Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer no.4 (Season Cycles Series)





















I just finished the fourth summer piece in the Four Seasons series and posted it in my etsy shop today!  Drawing and sewing (another form of drawing) are so satsifying for me.  I've been working on several groups of work alongside each other lately...Pearls On A String, Summer season pieces and works for a collaborative show that my husband, Johntimothy, and I will be having later in the summer at Black Hills State University.  Sometimes, it's been hard to switch gears from one to the other, as I think I've seen them all as separate entitities....which they are, but somehow today I was better able to just be in the moment and watch as the imagery and mark-making became a little more fluid as I moved from one to the other.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your show! Oh, and there's a little something waiting for you on my blog:

    http://silverrosesewing.blogspot.com/2010/07/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so comforting about your work. Another one to love in this series.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!