Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Monday, September 13, 2010

New Feature Launching!




















Hope you've had a fine weekend!  I've still been working with those delicious old teabags, as you can see from this little drawing/embroidery I listed this morning...details here.  I may have mentioned (or not??) that I've been mulling over ideas to add a weekly feature to this blog to make it more expansive and enlightening.  I so appreciate all the efforts of the other bloggers I'm following and rather than just adopting something someone else is currently doing, I wanted to think of something new, a post that would allow us all to learn and perhaps encounter the unexpected.  And now, it seems to be coming together, so I'll tell you about it before I do the first post of this new feature that I'll call (at least for now) A Walk In The Universe.  Hoping to do the first post later today and have it be a Monday feature each week.

I've always been intrigued by the idea of the "journey" as an actual experience of travel across time and space, but also as a metaphor.  That came into play as I contemplated what this new "something" for the blog would be...so whatever the feature ended up being, it would need to be open ended, and allow for surprise, discovery and fresh insights...like the best journeys.  I like to think that we end up somehow larger in our outlook at the end of a journey.  What if each week the information revealed through the feature post provided a natural link to another subject that might not, at first, seem to be related?  Like following a trail...like a walk in the woods, only these links could be anything at all....more like a walk in the universe!  As the anticipation and excitement of this possibility began to gel into a real idea, I knew exactly where I would begin the journey and just, as I had hoped for, it worked....the first post I began to research quite naturally told me exactly what the topic of next week's post would be.

So, I hope I have your curiousity piqued!  My real desire for this new feature, A Walk in the Universe, is for it to help build an expanding community and conversation with the followers of this blog!  Let's see where it takes us...check back later today!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great idea, I'm interested to see how it fleshes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted the first feature...hope you like it! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea very much and have enjoyed the posts you've written in this series. The oak leaf piece above is indeed delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!