Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rolling Fog Across the Missouri River

































Yesterday, in my haste, I forgot to post the photo I took in the morning of the fog over the farm field across the river.  The Missouri River is beautiful and wide and in this part of the state, is the dividing line between South Dakota and Nebraska.   We look out over farmland and the bluffs of Nebraska and sometimes the fog rolling through is spectacular...I looked out the window as I was eating breakfast and hopped up to find the camera!

Thought I'd show you the finished little sewn drawing that I showed you yesterday while it was in process.  I know I've said this before, but it's just so satisfying to sew on paper!  This Japanese paper is so soft that it feels almost like cloth.

Enjoy the weekend, if I'm not back before Monday!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great photo - I envy you your view! I've always tried to live in cities that have great rivers within walking distance. Something about the way they move and carve out their place in the landscape...also I agree about Japanese paper! It's really the closest paper can come to being cloth and still be paper! Enjoy the weekend, P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that view is pretty wonderful and we appreciate it every day! This section of the Missouri River is unchanneled and still rather wild...meandering and carving out new places continually....hence the name Missouri Bend Studio! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!