Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Friday, September 3, 2010

A Square of Chaotic Stitching




































I've done a slight bit of studio reorganization in the last couple days, since I added some corkboard to my "pin up" area, which until now has been a not-nearly-big-enough magnetic board.  I uncoverd this little stitched piece that I did a couple of years ago from under the menagerie of stuff attached precariously to that magnetic board.  I looked at it again as if meeting it for the first time! It reminded me that, although I badly want a sewing machine for some aspects of my work, there is nothing quite like the mark made by one's own hand....the hand-drawn irregularity of it all cannot be duplicated by the machine.  Once this little piece tells me it's name, I'll post it in my shop.

I'm looking forward to a break from the routine...we're going to Omaha to the museum, to the zoo and to the gardens this weekend...not to mention eating at interesting restaurants.  What fun!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you and vote for hand stitching over machine stitching-- not so perfect is more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. So much to be said for the marks made by the hand..the traces we leave behind.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!