Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Little Bit of Heaven in Wyoming


Hi Everyone....it's been over a week here at the artists' residency at Brush Creek Ranch and I feel as if I'm quite overdue for touching base with my friends and readers!  Johntimothy and I are having an amazing time, immersing ourselves in the studios, which are brand new....we are the first "official" artists for the pilot program of this residency.  Johntimothy is working mainly on screenprints, with some other investigations on the side....here he is in the door to his studio!


And here I am, happily nestled in my studio next door....Studio C! I'm making drawings and now some paintings on handmade paper....totally fascinated by the rocks!



We're settled in a beautiful landscape that includes rocky mountainous views and wide sweeps of rolling valleys....just gorgeous.  The air is fresh and clear here at 7,000 feet and we are going to have a hard time pulling up stakes, that's for sure.  Here's a view of the rooms, taken from the porch of the studio building....with the fire pit in the foreground.  Two of the evenings we've seen a jackrabbit dashing about and at first I thought sure it was a coyote....so big and long-legged!!


Johntimothy has been the picture taker so far and seems we haven't taken too many, but time is drawing nigh, so we'll have to take lots of photos, so I'll have more to show you when I get back!  If you've never done an artist's residency, there are many opportunities out there and I highly recommend it....a residency enables you to reset your artistic life, quiet your mind and heart and more than anything....relax and feel more like yourself!!  And I can certainly recommend Brush Creek....the full program, open to artists, writers and composers, will begin in December.  See you at the end of next week....if not before!

A little addendum here...just found the link for where we are, including some nice shots of the main eating/lounge area!

http://www.brushcreekranch.com/ranch/artsfoundation.php

Cheers!






15 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely wonderful. Enjoy the time you have left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Bush Creek looks like a great place to focus on your art. Now I'm going to google it. Have fun and can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lotta...thank you! Every moment is precious....and fleeting...we're trying to make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole....it's a new program started as part of the Brush (not Bush, in case there is confusion) Creek Ranch....I think I'll do an update with this link....for the actual artist's residency, as opposed to the Resort and Spa, which is the same ranch, but we're in a separate location...

    http://www.brushcreekranch.com/ranch/artsfoundation.php

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful opportunity! Looking forward to seeing your work and hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn...yes, we're counting our blessings, that's for sure! Fuller report when we get back....thanks for your good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a really beautiful, warm and welcoming place Patti- very nurturing and supportive of creativity. What a fabulous experience and opportunity - do you think they'd do a-i-r for Australians!?!!? Laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you and Johntimothy that you are having this wonderful experience! What a great opportunity, and so well-timed after recent stressful months! The setting looks gorgeous and absolutely guaranteed to soothe and stimulate the creative spirit. Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona...yes, so warm and welcoming! I think they'd love to have some Australians here....you and Barry would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gabriella....you would love it here....AND it's a residency for artists, writers and composers! You should apply and give yourself a gift!!! Thanks so much for your good wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a location, i'm sure that you will have motivation and inspiration from this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Velma, it's amazingly beautiful, that's for sure. We both feel inspired and hope to take enough of it away to keep us going for a long time to come! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patti, I'm so happy for you.
    It's lovely to see you and Johntimothy for the first time and with such big smiles on your faces. Whenever I have found myself in such nurturing circumstances, I've tried to recreate it back home again, dragging rocks home with me or buying some wonderful soap.

    I'm so happy for you. It will be fun for us, your followers, to see what has come of it in your playings.

    Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lorraine...thank you! Yes, in these last precious days I'm trying to see into the future how I can adapt the rhythms I've come to adopt here to life at home. And there will be plenty of rocks accompanying us home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!