Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Dailies Plus Number Four in the Celadon Suite

Celadon no.4 from The Celadon Suite

detail

Greetings! Sorry, I missed my usual Monday posting and here Tuesday has nearly gotten away from me, but there is still a bit of time left to say hello and let you in on what's been happening here at MissouriBendStudio. Mostly, it's juggling day-to-day life filled with work at the library, time at the gym, and ducking down into the studio. In between there are some healthy meals, a few not-so-healthy, Scrabble games with my sweetie and some reading (the current reading is Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie). I've managed to finish the drawing above, no. 4 from The Celadon Suite (I thought that had a nice ring to it) before I finished no.3....which languishes on the table awaiting a fresh supply of ecru embroidery thread. There is a lot of stitching on that one and I didn't think I'd run out, but alas....I'll have it finished by the weekend. I've finally got these three finished pieces listed on my website and will list them in my MissouriBendStudio Etsy shop, as well....same price.

The dailies continue, of course. I've been sneaking a bit of the teabag back in on these and think I may very well go back to my original format, which was the artwork on a teabag in the middle of 12"x9" sheet of bristol board. I continue to chastise myself, as I continually change my mind....but I think we just have to listen to what's happening inside. I guess we'll see what the coming week brings in terms of the daily drawings! The drawings shown here are now listed over at MissouriBendMusings

January 22, 2013

January 23, 2013

January 24, 2013

January 25, 2013

January 26, 2013

January 27, 2013

January 28, 2013

My work week just started, but I'm exhausted already...so much going on. I guess that never changes, does it? Somehow I have to get back to regular blog reading too....I've missed checking in on my blogging friends to see what they've been up to. I don't think there is an easy answer for fitting it all in, but I'm working at it! Thanks for much for reading and for taking the time to comment...always so great to hear from you!

Enjoy the rest of your week!







6 comments:

  1. Changing your mind is part of art. If you don't change your mind at all about what you're doing, you're stagnating. (from my visual art teacher, inspirational person).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine...thanks for your comment and reminder to not chastise myself for changing my mind....it's a sign of being in the moment, I think! Sorry for the late reply, but my comments disappeared and I wasn't able to comment back until now! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. the celadon suite is pure delight! such a dreamy little universe i want to get lost into!
    it is reassuring and encouraging watching the progress of your dailies, following your heart and instinct, struggling, learning to trust, and most of all the discipline. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support and good cheer Anca!!! Blogger ate my comment fields for awhile and I couldn't reply! Hope you are well!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Velma! It's always interesting to me to see who is responding to what drawing in particular. Thanks for letting me know. As I mentioned above to a couple other people....Blogger ate my comment field for a while and I couldn't reply to anything....thanks for taking time to comment. Cheers!

      Delete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!