Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Monday, February 11, 2013

Infinite Connections


This quote from Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie has been resonating with me....

"Who what am I? My answer: I am the sum total of everything that went before me, of all I have been seen done, of everything done-to-me. I am everyone everything whose being-in-the-world affected was affected by mine. I am anything that happens after I've gone which would not have happened if I had not come..." 

There is an unshakeable sense in me of a connection with everything....that is, everything we experience is connected. Past, present and future are inextricably linked and there is a rippling flow of energy that moves out from each of us intersecting with the flow of others. If, for a moment, you think you don't matter, you must know that each of us changes the world day by day.....in ways we cannot know or imagine. Life really is a dance and without our brief time on the stage, the music and the dance would be otherwise. 


This week a new piece from the Celadon Suite, along with a meditation drawing and another little item, not shown here,  have all been added to MissourBendStudio. I've just posted another week's worth of dailies over at MissouriBendMusings, including my favorite from the week below.


I hope your creative spirit is flourishing! I'm not saying that mine is on fire, but it's a quest....a constant striving to stay true and to make the work that I must make. Many things get in the way....mostly my own shadow, but there are moments when I know I'm connecting to something very real....I think you probably know those moments too. They provide a fresh glimmer of recognition and lift you out of the ordinary....fine moments those are!

Hope your week is wonderful!

11 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Salmon Rushdie quote and loved your closing paragraph. It IS a constant struggle to stay true and of course we do get in our own way.... but on we go and it is all worth the struggle. No. 5 is particularly beautiful, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, thanks for your comment and compliment! Staying true is our life's work, I guess! Cheers to you!

      Delete
  2. How I relate to your whole post, Patti.
    I especially liked the way you put "many things get in the way....mostly my own shadow". If we are truly "intersecting with the flow of others" the we owe it not only to ourselves, but others, too, to find our way out of the shadow.
    It isn't that we mustn't recognize and acknowledge our own pain, fear, anger, but to scoop it out of the mix, like the fly in the ointment, we must be vigilant to our own undoing.
    I so enjoy your tender posts, your unique artwork, Patti. Be in the light. Be light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine....your response is so beautifully written and touching! Your words are so true....acknowledging and accepting ourselves wherever we are is key! Best wishes and hope you are enjoying a beautiful winter season!

      Delete
  3. Hmm, that is a quote worth pondering. Lovely post, Patti, and your February 6 piece is really wonderful! Best . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria....yes, that quote jumped right out at me! Thank you for the nice comment on the February 6th piece...it was actually sold and it's on it's way today to a brand new home! Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Ah yes Patti - they are fine moments indeed! I like how you said you have to get out of the way of your own shadow sometimes - how true is that? I love where the Celadon series is going - they are so peaceful and meditative. Best to you as you dance your way thru the days and life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Fiona....great to hear from you! Glad you like the Celadon series...there is a lightness and freshness, especially because of that beautiful green, which nearly glows once it's dipped in beeswax! Hope your own dance is evolving in wonderful ways!

      Delete
  5. i so look forward to your updates! your work and your words provide so much lovely breathing space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anca...what kind words! I'm so glad to hear that my posts are uplifting in some way! Best wishes to you across the miles!

      Delete
  6. This series is stunning in its subtle beauty. I want to see these in person and own one. And I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!