Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Studio Update: Dailies

May 6, 2016

As many of the readers of this blog know, I am fond of a daily practice that keeps me grounded and balanced and that is making a small daily drawing. These are not extravagant and come completely from intuition as I don't think about making art, but just let my hand make the first mark and follow the path from there. I confess I stray away for periods of time, dropping the practice of making a daily drawing, sometimes for days, weeks or even months. There comes a time, though, when I realize something is amiss and I reestablish the daily drawing practice, then find very quickly that I am on the way to something resembling restoration.

May 5, 2016

An assortment of these dailies have made it into my Etsy shop, most of which are the like the drawings shown here, 6"x4" on Japanese paper dipped in beeswax. I am pleased and humbled to find that they are pretty popular and at $10, sell fairly regularly. What makes me most happy though is that other people find a bit of magic in them and the drawings make them happy. What more could you ask for?!

May 4, 2016

I decided that I'd like to encourage the purchase of a grouping of the drawings, so the deal is that if you purchase 5 drawings (the $10 ones like those featured here), then I'll include a sixth one for free....could be another in the shop or could be a mystery drawing from my backlog....your choice!

May 3, 2016

These pieces shown here are making their way into the shop in the next couple of days if you'd like to have a look. The beeswax makes them look and feel luscious....and they smell delightful as well!

May 2, 2016

May 1, 2016

April 30, 2016

April 29, 2016

Hope you have a great week ahead...one sprinkled with joy and inspiration! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!